Saturday, February 2, 2013

The demise of the middle class

For most of my life I have considered myself as a typical middle class person.  I graduated High School in the top 25 percent of my class which is about average.  I went on to college and took more than 4 years to finish but did receive a degree from a major university.  Once I finished college it took several years, a few job changes and even some spells of unemployment to finally find my career path.  I have a been blessed with a great wife and 4 wonderful children who support an give me great joy every day of my life.

I am giving all this background on myself so that readers of this blog will realize that I am just an average man and I have had some of the same struggles that they have had.

I vote in all the election but never have been very involved in the political area.  What I am really saying is that I always have held my  political views to myself and considered myself a middle of the road person.  However, after the last 4 years I have just had enough and have decided to make my feelings known to all.

One of the first things that the Mr. Obama told us during his first run for the White House was that his administrations would be Transparent for all to see.  What a load of bull.  This man has held back room meetings and closed door sessions so he can do things to the American people which if seen in the light of day would have show his true colors.  I remember when they were in a meeting working on the current health care joke and John McCain told the president about something that they had promised not to do when on the campaign trail.  Mr. Obama reply was that he promised a lot on the campaign trail and that he would not be held to something he had said.  That was just the beginning of what was to come.  He kept telling us that he was going to unite the country but all that I have seen is a country divided.

What I can not decide is if he is smart as a fox or just someone's boob.  In his first 4 years he has taken this country down deeper in debt than any other president and is still asking for more. He tells us that he is working for the middle class but we in the middle class are suffering more and more every day from his policies.


No comments:

Post a Comment